Another return as James Quarrell rejoins

James Quarrell has returned to Revo after a season away playing for Swans. Quarrell had previously made 87 appearances for Revo where he joined in 2009. James has scored 10 goals in that time and will be a welcome addition to Salvo Scarvaci’s defensive unit.

Wardle and Davison hang up their boots

Ian Wardle and Nick Davison have decided to hang up their boots in this off season. Ian Wardle has made a considerable impression at his two years at the club scoring 23 goals in 43 appearances while Nick Davison won the 2010/2011 Reserve Team Player’s Player of the Season as well as been awarded the vice-captaincy this last season.

Maidenhead Revolution Football Club would like to thank both Ian and Nick for their contributions to the football club in the past two seasons and wish them well for their futures.

James Anderson returns to Revo

Revolution are pleased to welcome midfielder James Anderson back to the club. Anderson, who scored 6 goals in 28 appearances in his previous spell has recently graduated from Aston University and is now focused on solidifying a place in a competitive Revolution team this season.

Reserves to use Hurley Recreation Ground

Maidenhead Revolution have extended their deal to use Hurley Recreation Ground for the coming season and have also been able to secure the pitch for the club’s new Reserve Team.

Kieran Smith, Chairman says, “It’s a very beneficial move to have both teams play at the same pitch. It will help us to integrate both teams more closely to each other as we look to move forward together as a club”.

Revolution have made Hurley their home over recent years and will be their seventh season at the pitch located just off the Henley Road.

Megan Powell joins Revo as Physio

Maidenhead Revolution are delighted to announce the appointment of Megan Powell into the role of Club Physio. Megan arrives at the Dragons full of knowledge and enthusiasm having just graduated from Northampton University with a degree in Sport and Exercise Science. Megan will be providing Physiotherapy and fitness advice and support to both the First Team and the new Reserve Team. Maidenhead Revolution are delighted to have Megan on board and look forward to the positive changes she will bring.

Smith named as Reserves Manager

Kieran Smith will take charge of next season’s Reserve Team. It’s been two years since Smith stood down as First Team Manager at the end of the 2010/2011 season.

Smith will take charge of the Reserves looking to create opportunities for players to progress their abilities and create a competitive environment for First Team places.

First Team Manager Salvo Scarvaci and Smith will work closely to make the Reserve Team an integral part of the Revolution setup to push the club further towards more success.

Smith boasts a 48% win percentage in over 100 games in charge of Revo between 2007 and May 2011. Smith won the 2010 League Shield and was runner up in the same competition a year later. Smith also led Revolution to back to back successes in the Atlantic Celtic Cup at the Datchet Football Festival in 2009 and 2010.

Revo through to Quarter Final

Revolution progressed through to the quarter finals of the League Trophy in a tight game against local rivals Maidenhead Wanderers.

Revo had the best chance of the opening first minutes where a Ian Wardle shot from wide of the goal found the back post where Mitchell Scarvaci failed to convert into the open net. The ball bobbling over the midfielders foot.

Wanderers had a few chances on goal as they got into the game but were mostly off target as a resolute Revo defence were determined to keep them out.

Ian Wardle scored the opening goal of the game after some neat foot work from Lee Hunt saw Wardle blast the ball into the roof of the net to give Revo a 1-0 lead before half time.

The second half began with Wanderers looking to get a foothold in the game to grab an equaliser, Scott Mudge at centre back was proving to be a great selection choice by manager Salvo Scarvaci. Calum Brown was keeping Wanderers’ out making a few good saves.

After Wanderers had an opportunity that cleared off the line, one of the many that morning, the Wanderers striker found himself through on goal and managed to score to make it 1-1, with 15 minutes to go.

Rev0 threatened more as the second half wore on. Martin Pennings had a header saved off the line and the Revo front line were creating chances from all corners of the pitch.

After Revo were denied a penalty after Wardle was held back, the decision going the opposite way to Wanderers, Revo were awarded a debatable penalty with 5 minutes to go. Scott Mudge, who was playing immensely well at centre back, stepped up and converted the penalty to put Revo back in the lead.

The Dragons defended the game out in the last few minutes of the game. The final whistle blew much to the delight of the Revo players.

Both Maidenhead sides meet again this Sunday at Hurley Recreation Ground, this time in a league encounter.

Defranco returns to Revo

Maidenhead Revolution are proud to announce the return of Chris Defranco after his transfer from Swans to Revo was ratified my the league early Saturday morning.

Defranco was an integral part of the 2011/2012 season where Revo made two cup finals and finished in second place in Division 2.

Salvo Scarvaci awarded Defranco a special award for his role in the 4-1 win over Iver Heath Village in the Mary Wells Trophy Final for his man of the match display.

Defranco won the 2011/2012 Player’s Player of the Season award and played 90 minutes in 30 consecutive games in that season.

The signing of Defranco will now doubt strengthen the current side with his ability to battle away while on the pitch while bringing an air of calmness while he is on the ball. The signing will no doubt help Revo’s outside promotion chances.

Revo win 5-2; Wardle grabs a hat-trick

Revo faced testing conditions at Little Harlington Playing Fields with the weather causing the pitch to become more of a mud bath.

Daniel Bates opened the scoring for Revo with a finish from the right side of the 18 yard box. The ball looped past the keeper to give Revo a 1-0 lead. That lead was short lived however when BAA immediately struck back to tie the game.

Calum Brown pulled off a magnificent save at 2-1 to keep Revo in the game. Brown tipping the ball over when it looked destined to go into the top corner.

A defensive mix-up saw BAA take the lead into the break but Revo created chances through Jem Hussein and Lee Hunt.

In the second half, an entirely different Revo appeared. Energised by Salvo Scarvaci’s words, Revo created some decent chances and ultimately had more of the ball. Ian Wardle grabbed the equalising goal after Lee Hunt played the ball to the striker to score.

Revolution then went 3-2 up through Wardle again who was through on goal after a long pass from Pennings at the back found its way through to Wardle where he placed the ball past the keeper into the net.

Lee Hunt, who tirelessly worked to create chances scored Revo’s 4th in typical Hunt fashion. Hunt made his way into the box and rounded the keeper to slot the ball home to give Revo a two goal lead.

Ian Wardle then grabbed his hat-trick, his first for the club, after a through ball to Jem Hussein saw the winger break the offside trap, where he squared the ball to Wardle in the box to tap it into the empty net, much to the delight of the Revo players.

A well fought second half performance saw Revo keep themselves in the hunt for the title. Everyone battled tooth and nail to secure the three points.

Revo move onto next week with a home tie against Royals Dons in the Mary Wells Trophy.

[tb_match id=”584″]